The Museum is open
7 days a week
9.00 to 12.00
and other times by arrangement
The entry fee is $2.00
(this is our only source of income to cover the costs of administration)
The Logan Village Museum complex is set with in the Logan Village Green complex. This area is bounded by Wharf Street, River Street and Logan Street. This is a collection of historic buildings with two being original to the site, therefore heritage listed. The other buildings have been moved to the complex and renovated. All buildings except for the upper floor of the old school have wheel chair access.
The little house to the left of the School, is where the Doo Drop Inn was originally placed but was moved to its current position in 2013.
All of these buildings are used for a number of purposes, and can be hired by Community Groups by an hourly rate.
The original school house is the current Logan City Council Library, the school house is used for community meetings both upstairs and down and is heritage listed. It was built cir 1902
This photo shows on the left where the Doo Drop Inn was positioned before it was relocated to its present position near the Museum buildings.
The Teachers Residence which is now the Logan Village Library is in its original position.
The Col Ferguson Cottage is used as a meeting venue by many community groups.
Doo Drop Inn is our wonderful Craft Cottage, where visitors can see such a wonderful display of home made items. This now has wheel chair access.
The Dance Hall was built cir 1866 in Quinzeh Creek Road. It was moved to the corner of Wharf and Albert Streets cir 1887. After this it was used for various reasons, blacksmith shop, garage and store area. It was dismantled and donated to the Village Green in the early 1990s.
The Museum house is the original Fettlers Cottage at Buccan, near Stegeman Road. This was moved to its current position in the mid 1980s. It was first used as a second hand shop before becoming our pride building for the Museum. The Museum was officially opened in 1989 the bicentennial year.
The new Pioneer Hall was built with assistance of a grant from the Logan City Council. This was completed in August 2016. This is looking at the hall from the River Street entrance.
This is the Community Notice Board. Its original position was outside the Grocery shop where Woolworth now is. It has been used for many years by various Community groups and is not managed by the Museum. It is situated on the undercover wall of the toilet block.
The Village Green has a lovely playground for the children, and is covered with bark chip floor
The Village Green also has a Cenotaph which is used by the Logan Village R.S.L. for both ANZAC Day and Remembrance Day.
In 1905 the famous Crocodile was shot in the Logan River. This certainly made headlines in the newspapers of the day, and in the community. This is a photo of the replica which is 10cms shorter than the real one. This was given to the Village by a grant from Councillor Don Petersen in 2016.